PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford (OAT) Skills Assessment
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2007, 15:11
alfapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a little insight

hi hellequin, tom n all, this is a slightly nerve racking time for me, i'm in the process of selling my company to undertake the course - probably/hopefully at OAT - big risk, need to get out of corporate hell and do, "something i've always wanted to......". Interviews, team building, people playing good cop/bad cop, trying to catch me out blah blah... had to put up with that cr*p for 10 years to get paid.
i'm a bit more concerned about the content of the COMPASS testing. Hand eye co-ordination i appreciate you have or don't, i've been trying to pin point the specific areas of maths & physics to cover prior to taking any tests. I don't want to be spoon fed, quite the opposite, it's been some time since i was in full time education so some familiarisation would be essential.
i've been practicing basic trig & algebra, plus the basics of percentages etc, aside from that & distance & force equations in physics what else should i be looking out for? also, any other areas i can practice/improve on?
thanks in advance