PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea King too old and putting Lives at risk.
Old 22nd Nov 2007, 08:30
NRDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Crab
I yield to your grasp of economics and beg you to petition the politicians and prevent them from spending vast sums of money on SAR-H instead of all those current low cost, value for money Mil SAR units. What are they thinking??
The light blue want to play/stay in the game and so will bring over ‘some’ crews (who could/would be better employed in SH now) The whole thing could be ‘civilianised’ albeit using quite a lot of the (‘Ex’) military crews who would be enticed/redundant due to the loss of the UK Mil SAR.
as we have discussed at length, if the equivalent military capability is to be maintained, a lot more training will be required by the civilian crews.
By WE you mean you?? Think you'll find our training is up to the challenge at hand. Besides the extra ex-service crews without the Cranwell lobotomy/chopped at RAF Linton-on-Ouse or Valley ‘SAR god school’ attitude will be welcome additions. Or whatever the present system in the RAF is.
I’ll leave the semantics of who has the ‘biggest one’ out of this for now……that’s ‘range’ I’m talking about! Stornoway can answer that in due course.
Stick to your ‘lightweight’ HF kit, throat mike, WW2 kit if you think it is the way ahead by all means.
Every bit extra in terms of ammo & support that can be squeezed into Iraqmanistan will be appreciated by those at the pointy end IMHO.
‘Keep Fighting’