PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African Black Pilots
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2007, 21:40
chileno 777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not South African, African, European, black or white/Caucasian. I am a Latin-American guy so pls take my post from a different point of view and perspective.
First of all I think the question that started the present thread is very interesting. I really would like to know how was the aviation in South Africa before 1994 mainly regarding with the black pilots. It is not a racist question is just a normal and think legitimate doubt.
Second: let’s make some things clear, apartheid was a brutal regimen that systematically violated the human rights and people who did not belong to the Caucasian race did not have the minimum rights and privileges that whites had. Fortunately that regimen is over and South Africans (all races) have shown to the rest of the world a proof of maturity going thorough a peaceful political transition.
Third: From my perspective the black empowerment/positive affirmation never should have been applied to the labor sector. If you want to have a growing economy/country only the most skilled people must be hired. Does not matter if they are white, black, woman, gay, lesbian ...Nevertheless the positive actions can be applied in other areas such as education, health, loans, etc.
Fourth: This is for South Africans guys. .Pls stop been so negative…You are a very friendly people, (blacks and whites) you have a great country, and with a huge potential,. I really hope that someday you can close the bad chapter of your history and start looking to the future with hope knowing that all of you belong to the same NATION.

Best Regards.

Last edited by chileno 777; 24th Nov 2007 at 21:43.