PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most embarrassing thing to happen to you inflight...
Old 21st Nov 2007, 21:32
simsalabim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had just started doing a bar service in E Zone Y/C on a two person bar cart.We had massive 2 litre tins of Orange and Apple juice that required opening using the old fashioned can openers that pierced the lid either side in a small V . I usually only opened the tins as required after being asked for that particular juice ..
After 2 or 3 drink orders i had to return to the galley for something .In my absence and unbekn owns to me my colleague working on the other end of the bar had been asked for a juice and had opened the tin .
My first order after returning to the bar was for an orange juice so i picked the tin up believing it to be unopened and started furiously shaking it above my head like a cocktail shaker thereby showering approx 20-30 passengers and my colleague with almost half the contents of sticky orange juice before realising what was going on.I have never seen so much bedlam and wondered what the hell was going on to cause the screams all around me. Some days you should just stay in bed.