PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO Language Proficiency Tests
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2007, 20:30
Skydrol Leak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English anyone?

I think that the trend of "I speak English" and "I think I speak English" in aviation made it far throughout all these years. The post from Deartignan was refreshing in a way that we really don't take it for granted untill it hits us right?
OK, one of my best friends is a guy who is working daily with airplanes overflowing south central EU over Slovenia. He is an senior ATC.
He told me a lot of stories who are related to speaking the one and only universal language that aviators use today-English!
According to him during his 20 years of service the worst English speaking experiences he had (and some of them were pretty close encounters meaning;the breach of the airways, descent rules, FL,etc...as well) was with;
French
Italian
Russian
Spanish airlines
I will not put out the names of the airlines, since I don't think it's fair to point a finger at anyone, but just so you know, there is a lot of people up there not doing their job the way It should be done.
It came from the real source and It is pretty sad that in 2007 at this day and age a pilot, who should be of an open, smart,educated and academic character ends up in someones airspace acting pretty much like a troll.

Any feedbacks?