PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea King too old and putting Lives at risk.
Old 21st Nov 2007, 16:12
NRDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab
I AM SAR, U R SAR what’s the difference??
Calli & Northstar are quite correct in what they say in general
It’s not about making a profit by civilianising UK SAR; true, a PFI will make money but the bottom line is the tax payers will pay less for the privilege of having a first class world leading rescue service. At the same time it will give the tax payer or more importantly the MoD more funds to spend on those areas that really need the funds, not expensive second line jobs and associated costs.

Most civilian SAR crews don’t need to visit the Mil SAR bases because they left them in the first place. Yes we too defended our ‘Own Service’ once, but the path to the dark side is strong (not to mention less boll*ks, more cash). I’m sure the Portland/Lee units would be happy for your ‘bird’ to drip some OX38 on dispersal for a few hours while talking shop and cross pollination. You may even get a West Country visit by a 139 in the New Year to see the next generation medium sized aircraft in full SAR fit. ARCCK can watch real time skytrac info of the S92’s up north on a PC or log onto the AIS system…why use a HF sounding like a Dr Who ‘Dalex’ when you can talk on the ‘phone’. Also the S92 out ranges the Sea King now!
Keep up the good work in the meantime as we love the ones that ‘fight/bite/kick and scream’ to the end. Don’t roll over and go belly up on us yet Chivenor, Pprune Rotorheads would be too quiet.
VSF- Have you done SAR or just curious?? I'll let 3D answer that one