PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Different Twins For Ir
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2007, 11:52
wbryce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CK, We're both on opposite sides of the fence for once!

People who generally disagree with this opinion is present and past students on the DA42, its no big deal, Its the same arguement modular vs integrated, you will not get a definite answer other than opinions from people using either system. My decisions alleviates my concerns which will be different from yours, so my choices and opinions are best suited to me. My post history will show at one point I was strongly considering the DA42 for my training, my past discussions with highly experienced individuals from proon as well from FTOs, instructors and club room chat, thats what I base my decision on (I was nearly booked with Egnatia (thank god) then took a strong interest with Stapleford, I don't want easy for the IR. Train hard, fight easy as a wise instructor used to say alot.

I fully understand what situational awareness is, my point being that someone training in a clock n dial system developes this skill in their head more while on the '42 the SA is given to you on a map, i'm not saying you wont develope SA, what im saying is you wont develope it as much as you would in a steam driven MEP, hence why its easier and why more people are passing on the 42, its that simple, less stressful, less work, less things to go wrong.

Dont' get me wrong, DA42, fantastic aircraft with attractive operating costs to FTOs but not the best tool for me or for IR training. IMO, P.S. people that disagree with me, speak complete tosh or twaddle too!

Last edited by wbryce; 21st Nov 2007 at 12:12.