PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NetJets 2008
Thread: NetJets 2008
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2007, 10:33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys/gals!

Got my response from OAT for the 5th aswell.

Still, im in two minds whether to go any further.

My issue is with the Netjets lifestyle. While the idea of flying business jets to a changing destination everyday sounds exciting and the pay and conditions seem quite good, its the idea of working 5/6 days away from base that worries me.
Now I know your going to say, "well if thats your issue then you shouldnt seek a career flying."
Now maybe its just me but the idea of being away from your wife/husband/partner or kids for nearly the entire week for the course of your career seems quite extreme. Not only on yourself but the people close to you.

While im aware that being a pilot involves trips away, overnights etc. its the thought of knowing that with the likes of Netjets, you will spend nearly half your working life seperated from ones loved ones.

Maybe im wrong but from what I know of other airlines, you seem to be home after every shift and if not then maybe after an overnight or two. Thats fine with me. Even the idea of spending a week away from base once a month or something similar is fine with me but the Netjets schedule comes across a tad severe.
I wonder how current Netjets flightcrews family's cope with the absence of their jet setting loved one?!

Anyway, my rant over.

Ill have to decide now whether to sacrifice my home life for my career...?