PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew a Good Career Choice?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2007, 09:57
Nicola1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Just read your message and thought i'd add my points.

Since the age of 9, when i took my first trip on an aeroplane (Virgin) to Florida, i have wanted to work for them. No other airline but them? I am now 24 and in August, i decided to apply, I wanted to apply many years before but certain things had stopped me from doing it. I applyed online, and was invited to an an interview 2 weeks later. I went to the interview and passed and start my training with them on the 14th January 2007.

I am currently a Supervisor in a customer service office and have been for the past 5 years. I am currently earning around 19.000 pa and know that i will be taking a big pay cut working for Virgin. However, this is something that was once a dream i thought would never come true so the money isn't an issue seeing as i have wanted this for such a long time. The places i will see and the people i will meet will more than make up for the money cut plus i cannot see that i will be spening as much as i do now.

If this is something you really really want, i would say to go for it. Follow your heart and make your dreams come true as i have. As i have found in the past, if i have had money troubles, something has always come round and sorted me out?!

I would 110% say to go for it.

Good Luck

x