PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightwatch – 27 VHF outlets being closed
Old 21st Nov 2007, 02:39
JackoSchitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick,

What you think you are doing and what is being done to you are two wildly different things.

Airservices has told you load of bullsh1t as they did at the QLD RAPAC meeting yesterday when they said that flightwatch only gets 50 calls per day and that includes cancellation of Sartimes and Flight Plan amendments.

The staff that are required for the onwards ghosting till the review is complete is the exact same number of staff that have been performing the function for the last few months. One. So why not roll back?

As has been explained to me, outside 8am to 7pm weekdays, the Flightwatch function is ghosted and is fully done by the HF consoles.

The only way to save the One (1) officer per weekday that is doing the ghosting on the stand-alone VHF console……..is to not do the ghosting. So why not roll back?

My contacts tell me that overall, the Ausfic (covering Flightwatch Domestic HF, Flightwatch VHF, International HF, Briefing Office, NOTAM office and Communications Center) is short of staff but because of the nature of the multi-capable people that work there, they are able to manage shortfalls on a day to day and workload permitting basis – with no fat at all.

All the facilities for Ausfic to do the full Flightwatch function are still in place and the staff is there. If need be, then staff from other ausfic areas can plug the gaps.

Staff saving of one (1) officer is meaningless when the ausfic is 8-10 staff short overall and in association with that, the only “saving” of moving the function to ATC was two (2) (II) staff to begin with!

So again, why are you not pushing for the full rollback?

I thought you were smarter than to fall for airservices’s sucker-punch.