PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Europe Banned From Aspen?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2007, 00:45
Smeagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Netjets Europe Banned From Aspen?

Howdy all!!

I know the Netjets posse have been missing me but things NJE tend not to interest me these days. That was until a nice man at an FBO in Aspen fair gasted my flabber with a tale of a hair raising arrival there conducted by two pilots being assessed for their suitability to become line training captain/TRI on the G5 by none other than the ex-chief pilot.

Now this rumour has it that they never actually stabilised the approach and in fact were told by ATC to go around, an instruction they ignored resulting in them stopping very close to the end of the tarmac. Before any of the usual pro-NJE team start accusing me of exaggeration I believe the reaction of the Aspen authorities to this was to ban NJE aircraft from the airport. Surely not a step to be taken without cause?

Of course, this trio all being members of the same flying club they passed their check. No word on whether or not the Aspen authorities have lifted their ban yet. Can anyone enlighten us?

Just remind me how many of those holes in the Swiss cheese have to line up before 'it' happens?

Last edited by Smeagel; 21st Nov 2007 at 01:43.