PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Nov 2007, 22:09
keepin it in trim

Apache for HEMS - Strafe those Survivors!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
afaik,and I can only speak for jet fleet, everyone gets their own noise cancelling headset and bb.

The requirement for home standby is, leave house within 45 mins of call, 1 hr to airport, 1 hr to check in for airline. So you basically have 1 hr 45 mins from call to leave home and be at your gateway to check in, 1 hr before your airline. This does not seem unreasonable to most people.

All I can say, as a UK based pilot, is that the T & C and quite a bit of other stuff, have improved a lot over the last year. All UK based pilots have paid UK tax for several years, and the new contract last year resulted in a genuine increase in take home pay. And just to stress for some people who still don't believe it, NO, the tax authority in UK do not allow me to make deductions for, wife, children, mortgage, days out of country, etc.

The job can be very demanding, after 6 days I can be very tired, BUT I work with a great bunch of colleagues, I like the aircraft, the flying is varied (could be a positive or negative, you choose), and I have a stable 6 on/5 off roster.

My work/life balance is reasonable, the office support can be either fantastic or infuriating, or a range of places in between. I have decided to stick with it for the long haul, you may think that is crazy, I have days when I wonder if I have done the right thing. But on balance, and looking at the different shades of grass around me, I think this is not a bad place to be.

I know several people have had very bad experiences, I understand their views and why they hold them, in their position I would feel the same way. All I can say is, I have been treated very fairly.

You pays your money......

Have a good day