PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New buy, PC or MAC?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2007, 18:18
Saab Dastard
Spoon PPRuNerist & Mad Inistrator

Received 281 Likes on 179 Posts
All,

I think that there are always going to be those for Macs and those for PCs.

I am pleased that the debate in this particular thread has remained largely free of the kind of unreasoned "other camp" bashing that often (usually?) accompanies the "discussion". For this you all deserve credit for your restraint.

Be that as it may, I remain dubious of the value of this kind of thread, however innocently started. This is a couple of pages of time, effort and bandwidth that has - ultimately - served little purpose, other than to demonstrate the validity of my first statement. And yes, I do have to read the posts!

In the future, therefore, do not be surprised if the "Great Apple Mac / Intel PC / Jobs/ Gates Debate" gets nipped in the bud, or posts deleted if they cross the line between relevant, pertinent debate and point proving / willy-waving, etc. And persistently robust offenders (if any) may be asked to leave the ball-pit for a cooling-off period.

Serenity, I hope that you have got some interesting views here, although - by your own admission - some of it has been "over your head", and that your purchasing decision has been made easier.

I am not going to lock this thread, as there has been useful and pertinent advice and information, and hopefully more to come, with the same level of maturity and restraint shown thus far - mostly!

SD