PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Officer PVR Questions
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2001, 06:05
EmpireOne

Unhappy Army Officer PVR Questions

Is there anyone out there who would like to give some friendly advise on PVR'ing from the army. Much as I love the AAC I have decided that spending the next 6 years sitting behind a desk as S03 Paperclips or similar is an unpalatable prospect. Of course, there are many other factors in the decision I have made to leave the army but probably don’t need reeling off in this thread. One of the problems in leaving the army is that I am currently employed on an Intermediate Regular Commission (IRC) and nowhere near the end of it. (I have served out my time bar though). What I would like to know is what are the implications of PVR'ing from the army. How long after resigning will I have to wait to leave? Will I have to serve out the 12 months or is there anyway I can get this wavered. How will it effect pension, resettlement and leave? Will I lose the lot? I am currently loaded on to a JCSC course in the near future. Whilst I have no problem in doing this course, if I resign, will I be able to defer entry? Ultimately, I want to know that if one of my prospective employers offers me a job, am I going to be able to get out quickly?
I know that these questions could easily be answered by a CO or MCM Div (not that the answers would be impartial). However, I am trying to keep my cards close to my chest for the moment. I am also employed away from the AAC at this time and getting the answers without raising suspicions would be tricky. I am acutely aware of the fact that my resignation is really going to p*ss some people off, as the 'corps' has been very good to me. (I must be one of the undeserved few). Hence trendsetters, I am asking if there is any one out there who would being willing to offer some advise. I am finding the whole thing a bit daunting but am resolute that now is the time to leave before it's too late. I know I can expect, if nothing else, a bit of banter and hopefully some sound advice thrown in for good measure.

Cheers all.

EO