PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New buy, PC or MAC?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2007, 16:57
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As said before it's horses for courses.

I wouldn't knock anybody for enjoying their PC, I did for 15+ years but got so frustrated I thought I'd give the dark side a go. Like the original poster on here I didn't know if the Mac was worth the 'extra' money but was reassured by the Mac converts that it's worth every penny.

I took the plunge and have never looked back, I do however still own a PC to do my ASP.net work on and I was going to use it for FS2004 with all my add ons that I bought a couple of months back. (I've not had the time unfortunately to load them on ... plus my Stick has a different connector to what is on my PC).

I have an Xbox 360 to play games on so the PC was last used about 4 months ago

You pick whatever you most comfortable with at the end of the day, it might take you a week or two to get used to the mouse having only 1 button (you can just get a 2 button mouse), and there are a couple of things that you need to do differently - but it's not brain surgery ... apparently that is hard?

But for me, my basic MiniMac 1.66 Duo with 512Mb ram is holding up well. My works PC is having a RAM upgrade tomorrow to 2Gb and my Mac will be 1Gb Ram in the new year.

I can't find a fault with my Mac like many others, but that's my fault?