PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most embarrassing thing to happen to you inflight...
Old 20th Nov 2007, 15:54
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZSmile

I am guessing that with your user name you work for the same airline as myself.

If you did any of the things that you have mentioned in your post on one of my flights, I would have you in with an OPM faster than you can burp on direct PA.

Do you think that someone burping on the PA is professional? I know it wasn't yourself who did it, but you can bet that pax thought that your SCCM was vulgar and disgusting as they would think that the SCCM had done it.

At all times on the ground you should be vigilant in case there was a need to evacuate the aircraft. If crew are pissing about in gash bags in the back galley it will delay your reaction time in getting doors open and the aircraft evacuated if things went wrong during engine start up.

Also, fire gloves are items of SEP equipment and should be used for their intended purposes only. Are you aware that if fire gloves get wet they will be useless for fire fighting? Galley floors get wet owing to leaky brewers, taps and ice buckets, and if it is raining outside and you are boarding via D2L pax will be bringing rain water inside the galley on their shoes during boarding making the floor wet.

Before you go thinking I am a stuffy old whatsit, I will point out that I am a relaxed and chilled out SCCM who likes to have fun, but some things I most definetely will not tolerate on board!