PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GLEIM for Canada? FAA->TCA CPL conversion
Old 20th Nov 2007, 15:40
apachepilot1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey...wonder if you took the exam yet....I took the FAA to TC CPL conversion exam in February and I passed on the first shot. Of the 20 questions there were 3 on crew rest periods, a couple of oxygen questions, the regular airspace questions(know the dimensions and terminology(i.e. Mandatory Frequency), and a couple of calculation questions that you need to use your scrap paper for. I'm sure that they mix the tests up, so your experience could be different, but I just wanted to give a heads up since there's not a lot of good resources on the internet about this conversion test. It requires a 60% to pass, so you have a little room to mess up if you really don't know the answer to a few of the questions. It was a fairly quick process and the testing was on computer, just like Lasergrade.
I have to go back to Toronto and take the instrument conversion exam because they goofed up and told me that since I was doing my commercial, I didn't need both tests. They called me back 2 weeks later and said that they were wrong. I expect to take the exam within a few weeks...if anyone has any experience on this exam, I wouldn't mind a heads up myself. I'll post my experience with the exam after I take it....No answers, though! Just the subject areas.