PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI Rating without CPL knowledge latest?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2007, 15:10
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you realise that there are 13 (or so I was told by my GCH installer) different CORGI certificates and that you only require 5 of them to state that you are CORGI registered. But what that has got to do with aviation legislation is beyond me!!

Now, on to this stuff about aviation legislation, ALL member states are invited to play a part in the negotiation and development process in various sub-committees. Of course, each NAA is there to serve the best interests of its own state and it must (should?) have a reporting chain to central government (in our case the DfT) but there must come a point where compromise plays a part, otherwise the process could not work (that's not to suggest the French would ever compromise over anything).

That is the whole basis behind EASA, one centralised agency which regulates through standardisation all of the aviation legislation within the EU, so that everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet. As I understand it, central government of all member states have already agreed this as being the status quo and any further implementation of regulations does not require further agreement at national level, having entrusted the develoment of the regualtions to their respective NAAs. Once the sub-committees (with NAA representatives having reported back to their respective national central governments) have agreed the standards to be implemented it merely remains for EASA to put the regulations forward for ratification and implementation.

All of these issues go for consultation to the general public and this is where we have our chance to state our objections. As BillieBob said, 'Watch this space' for the consultation on the EASA LAPL and FI ratings, etc.

I know nothing of ATPL being downgraded to CPL - something I was unaware of. Grandfather rights is something I would expect the CAA to be very keen on.

Are you a FI now or is this something you are looking towards?