PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI Rating without CPL knowledge latest?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2007, 14:38
homeguard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who.................?

Well no it isn't clarified.
Who in the UK has the authority to write a blank cheque to EASA or the Commision? Directives are not mandatory. Two countries, Holland and France have had a referendom and through that have stated clearly that the EU will not rule them. Their governments have given no mandate to write 'blank cheques'. I do not believe that our parliament would allow legislation to be made in Brussels just to be rubber stamped. What ever EASA finally decides to recommend it will have to be acceptable to ALL states. A lot of wasted time otherwise should all their effort be rejected.
What then is the situation should our working party reps say to our government; the EASA resolve is wrong and harmful to our industry for reasons that are then well argued. You say that ATPLs who have not met the current or future elements will have to give it up and be downgraded to CPL - I don't believe that. I can envisage a reasoned arguement that saids unless certain requirements are met - so many flight hours of multi-crew etc. - the pilot can not exercise the privilege of the licence already held. A UK Plumber cannot now sign off a gas installation unless they are registered with CORGI and are approved to do so. They remain, just the same, a Plumber.
To mess around with too much detail with regard to each countries custom and practice will cause chaos. I would hope that our representatives at EASA are representing our best interest and should report to our government should our best interest not be served by any proposal. I certainly believe the their job is not to horse trade away our freedoms.
What is the stance of our reps? I ask again for you both appear to have ears at the keyhole.