PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2007, 14:13
maxwell4065

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started the APP program in the summer of 2004 at a cost of $50,000 to be paid in 6 equal instalments of $8333.33. This was to inculde 0 hours to MEIR and FI. The ground school was to be at my own expense. I completed the first half of the course pretty satisfied with the instruction, and the management side of things. At this point I returned to the UK to complete my ATPL groundschool with Bristol GS.

My experince with BGS was superb. Thanks Alex and the rest of your staff.

After approximately 6 months I returned to EFT with my 14 ATPL exams passed. It was soon after this I was made aware that the cost of my course had changed to 7 equal payments of $8333! After a few conversations between Ben, Trevor, myself and another student they agreed to honour their original price. After completing my CPL, IR I returned to the UK to complete my IR at PTC Bournemouth complete with a letter and cheque from EFT to cover my training. A few days later I was told by PTC that the cheque was short of the amount to cover the rest of my training (minimum hours obviously) by a substansial margin. It took several phone calls from both myself and PTC to try and resolve the matter. I was then told I would have to pay the the VAT on the course (not EFT) which was not previosly mentioned. After completeing my IR I had to wait several weeks to receive my course completion certificate because EFT still had not sent PTC would they had agreed ( not including VAT).

Other stories including a credit card surcharge on a debit card that I did not agree to.

Instead of returning to complete FAA ratings I had paid for I got out while I still had a few pennies left and went back to my old job as a baggage handler.

PM me with other questions