PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some advice for the younger ones...
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2007, 12:52
Ochre Insider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corowa

As a professional pilot you will one day be required to Gather information, Review it meticulously, Analyse it thoroughly, Decide upon a course of action, and then Evaluate the consequences. It is called the GRADE concept, and if your goal is to fly for a major airline, you may come across it one day.

An essential and related concept is of course CRM. This has to do with swallowing one's pride and accepting that others do have the ability to provide valuable input into the decision making process. They may be right, or they may be wrong. However it is your duty to consider everything with a balanced and open mind.

If you are dogmatic, closed minded, and refuse to consider another perspective, as you have been on this thread, my advice is to ensure these traits do not rear themselves at the airline screening process.

Pilots who do not consider all factors, and who do not work with backup plans increase the likelihood that one day, the houses just may be getting bigger at a time when they should be getting smaller.

I have attempted to provoke an honest and open discussion on an issue that is relevant for all of us. Now, as I sign off on this thread for the last time, on my way to burn yet another 60 tonnes of fuel, I invite you to have the last say, as I know you must.

Over and Out.

OI