PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737NG Captains SPICE IT UP
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2007, 11:02
Nevrekar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Capt Dhillon stated in his earlier post, and this ofcourse only applies to Spicejet. Since we are not hiring expat F/O's, you have to come here as an Indian applicant. What that means essentially is that you will have to convert your foreign licenses to Indian before you can be considered. Other airlines may have different requirements. Good luck in your aviation career. For many
young/old aviators India now is truly the "land of opportunity". For F/O candidates, please attempt to complete all requirements in earnest as there is soon to be (if not already) a surplus of new-hire F/O applicants. I'm told that there are close to 4,000-6,000 Indian pilot trainees all over the world attempting to soon break into the aviation market. So it would help to be as competitive as possible. For example if you are applying to Spicejet, having a B737 Type or experience will probably put you ahead as would having Airbus type for Kingfisher, Deccan or Indigo. My best guess is that the applicant who stands out the most with competitive stats, skills and a good attitude will be picked up first. For others, it will be "take a number, we''ll call you, don't call us." A simple matter of supply/demand.

P.S. For the record, these are just my personal views on the subject and not an official representation of Spicejet hiring policy. I am not invloved in hiring or at any management level at the carrier.

Last edited by Nevrekar; 20th Nov 2007 at 11:15.