PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New buy, PC or MAC?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2007, 09:07
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too can use a search engine to find forum threads which discuss poor Apple service...
Yehh Apple reliability would bring up http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2006502,00.asp

Once again, Apple and Sony are Readers' Choices, receiving some of the highest ratings for desktops. Once again, HP/Compaq and Lenovo/IBM receive some of the lowest.

In 2005, readers gave their desktops an overall score of 7.9 out of 10.This year, it's 7.8. Last year, the average score for likelihood of recommending was 7.7, and this year, it continues at 7.7. Look no further than Apple, the leader of the pack, whose overall score holds steady at 9.1. Last year, Apple's score on units needing repair was an impressive 11 percent—well below that of any other company in the survey.

You'll hear more positive things about Apple Macs than you will a PC. I've spoken to a couple of PC Techies and they said it's good PC are unreliable as it keeps them in a job, if we all used Macs they'd have nothing to fix.

Of the 8/9/10 PC's I've had over the years they've all needed TLC to work and often need repairs, I've had 18 months trouble free with my Mac. I don't work for them and I hated them when I was a die hard PC gaming fan and thaught Mac's were for hippy gimps ... Guess I was wrong, I can only pass on what I know and until my Mac plays up then I have nothing bad to say about it.