PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New buy, PC or MAC?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2007, 05:40
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too can use a search engine to find forum threads which discuss poor Apple service...I can also decide to buy my computer from Dell, or Evesham or any number of manufacturers. Of course, the clued up actually build one themselves if they're looking for a desktop machine. Even cheaper, and you are in direct control of the build quality.
Ohh and being a PC you get all the problems from the last couple of pages, BSOD, Crashing, Viruses etc
As I've said elsewhere, I've never had Vista crash on me, and only very, very rarely did XP crash before that. I was listening to a podcast the other day where Leopard owners were complaining about them having crashes to the BSOD, so that's no longer solely a PC problem!
Speaking of Viruses ... how much did you budget for keeping the Mesh free from them? I guess if you add that to the price you end up seeing a Cheaper iMac
In total, I've spent about £45 in my life. That was years ago....I bought a copy of Norton. Used it until the subscription ran out. Since then I've used Freeware tools. Not that I've ever had a virus anyway.

Last edited by Gonzo; 20th Nov 2007 at 06:11.