PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hasn't this been done before?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2002, 09:29
EESDL

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Red face Hasn't this been done before?

Warning:
Just finished long night-shift, take it or leave it.

Have you ever wondered why we insist on re-inventing the wheel/not learning from the past. I don't mean the common case of a new exec arriving and changing things for changing sake. We still manage to go down the blind alleys, only to bang our heads against the brick wall at the end!
My current job in the sand has been done before, many times, but you wouldn't think so by the complete bo77acks that goes on and the rubish that comes down from above. The Ministry of Funny Walks is busier than ever. Micro-managing, sucking-eggs lessons and such like abound everywhere. Dusty old boxes of de-briefs that have not been read for years.........there seems to be an un-warranted attitude that the past can't teach us anything useful. Ignorance/avoidance of procedures that have been hard learnt.
Well, here it is folks, as I'm sure readers of PPrune are all too aware, adults who have never wiped their own **** are dragging the military down. There is no more the flex in the system to carry you to the next medals parade...do us all a favour and retire gracefully. Have the decency not to wreck the rationale that you must indeed respect. When someone is talking to you, listen. When manpower/equipment is required, don't just acknowledge that there is a shortfall and monitor the situation, do something about it. There are far too many high-paid help doing very little. Sending off un-solicited e-mails, requesting irrelevant information from overstretched personnel makes you look a fool, but more importantly, reminds those under you that they are not being led. Pull the yellow & black, or get the sack.
I'm not referring to just aircrew but every branch in the RAF is at breaking point. Aircrew are the lucky ones, atleast they can get away from it all for a while! You are putting individuals under strain/stress that you have no right to assert - even during ops.
And to think that last night was a good night.
Those that know me can be assured that I'll stay smiling, giving/taking the banter, I just hope I don't let my guard down and make an un-warrented curt comment to some poor sod who is at the end of their tether.....
I for one am not leaving this location until the situation changes and those who think we're still on an exercise, realize why we are indeed here.
I've got lots of suntan lotion and I'm a patient sort, unless there are blunties involved:-)
It's 09:21 local, goodnight.