PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOOP trash mag....and Bob Davy in particular
Old 19th Nov 2007, 17:30
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation mags in the UK and worldwide are pretty poor compared to other sections of specilist journalism.

Motorcycle magazines for instance. A far more crowded market place and they have similar circulations, but the journo's are all full time and do far more than just write reviews of aircraft or simply give their opinions.

They are professional writers first and bikers second. Most of the stuff I read in the flying mags is childlike in comparison (whirly's efforts excepted) Single tests, very little in the way of reviewing new stuff or leading campaigns.

I find very little to interest me in the mags and don't regularily buy any of them.

No I don't contribute anything too them, but I'm a pilot NOT a journalist and anyone publishing my ramblings would probably need sectioning. Not that I'd do a worse job than most of the guff I read when I do flick through a copy of any of the "glossies".

I stil maintain that anyone who "hates" the SD 3-60 is an a*se and quite frankly I'm not interested in any of their opinions as they haven't got the foggiest about what they are talking about. I try not spout off about subjects I have no idea about. Unfortunately the writer in this case seems to have done exactly that.