PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ideal Passenger
Thread: Ideal Passenger
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2007, 13:05
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Ideal Passenger - that I am

Hi all

There are many of us out there and proud to say I am at least even though a flight may not be perfect (those are 1 in a blue moon and I travel a lot!!)
but I still say hi, bye, please, thank you and even pay the ladies complements not say the least that makes them blush!!

Give you two examples of not exactly perfect flights;

Sep 99 flying back on Caledonian Air (later became Air 2000/1st choice) from Austria....weather is crap to say the least and heavy turbulence. Wasn't pleasant and had me gripping the seat. Lo and behold, two women in their 40s bitching and moaning at the lovely stewardess about they were vegetarians and where the vegetarian meals were as there was a mix up on special requirements on the flight. So as there werent any all hell broke loose

The ladies and one of their husbands also joined in..wasnt abusive but it was bad enough...raised voices and we're bumbling along or rocking around. We were probably 20 mins to landing and being bounced around in the air and I was thinking "cant they shut up let the crew get on with what they doing as we are almost home and bigger enough worries with turbulence".
I felt sorry for the girl who was getting grief and then the usual hand outs of complaints form. ANyway before we landed and as the turbulence subsided. I went to the toilets, saw the same girl, and smiled at her reassuringly to say she was great and fab. At the end of the flight as per always I say thanks to the crew on the way out.

March 07: Flying back from Orlando (Heli Expo), BA flight .....was ok, few things got mixed up...food wasn't brilliant and once again hit turbulence over the Atlantic. The couple/family on two rows in front of me...think they were from Jamaica and wanted their coffe//tea yet in turbulence you;re not supposed to serve out hot drinks during turbulence or so I am led to believe. They were giving some grief.
Then others on the flight were moaning about the food.....I wasn't fussed it tasted right....

COme as we were approaching UK airspace, I went to the toilets and paid one of the girls a compliemnt to say she was doing well and she appreciated me cos everyone else was bitching. My two bosses up front were cool about the service.

On landing I paid her another compliment and gave her a hug.. as apaprently it was one of her first flights as she had only being in the job a few months.

You guys do a hard job and its stressful at the best of times.... if not damn dangerous and still look good at throughout. My hat goes off.

take care
best