PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of doing ME/IR in Spain, any advice?
Old 19th Nov 2007, 11:23
bobster1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or could it be that Moggiee works for a UK FTO? Case rested!
He does..

I made my choice after speaking to 2 people who have been here in the latter half of this year, they have both been succesful since, having been called to interview and passed sim checks, one has started work on a 73 (not FR), the other is in a holding pool for ATR TR, awaiting start date.

I don't know a single person who did it and hasn't come to regret that choice
How many is this? and why did they regret it? and which school did they go to? as I said earlier I know off 2 people recently who dont regret it at all, they saved 6k+ and completed the course quickly as you will fly min 2hours a day more like 3, and they have gained employment swiftly.

You cant tar a whole countries FTOs´ with the same brush, and on what grounds, I am guessing here say as you dont instruct any IR/IMC flight training just MCC, which should not be about peoples IR skills.
If UK training is so good compared to the rest of Europe why is your 1st time pass rate not 100%, could it be candidates not being ready for test, strict examiners, or maybe the training is not as good as you think.