PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some advice for the younger ones...
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2007, 06:50
WannaBeBiggles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ochre

goods points, but maybe I wasn't quite clear what point I was trying to get at in reference to the dotcom and realestate boom.

These two were in reference to aviation. Oil is to aviation like investors pulling out of domcoms and interest rates hikes in realestate.

Markets bounce back and people adapt. They might not travel as frequently to begin with, but when $100 ticket specials instead of the $1 specials become the norm then people will slowly see that as value. Just like the person that is excited when they find petrol for $1.40... when only a few years ago people complained when it hit $1.00 and said they wouldn't drive as much anymore.

Yes, there will be some blood shed when aviation's bubble bursts, but it'll bounce back.

As mentioned, it'll be the people with backup plans that will survive it.

I'm not joining the aviation industry to make money, because I know it will be many many years until I even come close to reaching the same income I have now, heck in some discount airlines I might NEVER reach that income level... but at the end of the day I'm not going blind in to this industry, nor am I going without an exit strategie.