PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Mr Airbus...
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2007, 05:51
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C'mon guys and gals, dont take the bite, this fellow is a troll. He's aking for indepent tilt on LH and and RH wx displays and therefore shows such a lack of understanding of how the WXradar works that he for sure can't be a CPL, let alone ATPL.

And now for the benefit of the fellow planespotters and similar enthusiasts:

the WORST thing about the bus: You need to wear thick wool socks not to get cold feet in the winter
Not me, it seems that your thrifty employer failed to tick foot warmers box in Airbus order form. Those babies can fry your feet, if left on for too long.

- gimme a well positioned hook for the handmike, no more bending in the dark
- gimmie a handmike that doesn't weight and look like a truncheon
It might have something to do with the fact that I'm 6' 1'' and so long armed that I can easily reach refuelling panel from the RH seat without even moving it backwards, but I don't have problems mike position (nor its size). Again, if someone has to do with the truncheonoidal mike, perhaps fault lies with the thrifty airplane owner.

- gimme a kind of DIRECT LAW from 1000' down, so I can fly the bird in turbulence, and not the other way round
I've seen the guys hitting the lateral sidestick stops in 9G14 crosswind and I used no more than half stick in 22G30. Now that just seems to confirm what I was taught at the sim: if you're hitting the stops, you're fighting yourself and not the wind.

- gimme some real reading lights permitting a brief in a normal seating position
Or spectacles, so you can read your charts when they're on traytable or window chartholder - I have no problems with lighting in those places.

How about a mcdu that scrolled in the logical direction using the up/down arrows?
Airbus MCDU is of the 1987 vintage. In 1987 I had ZX Spectrum that definitevely had no scroll keys. When screen would fill up with text, it would ask you "scroll?" Pressing N or break would leave you at this screen, pressing anything else would move you one screen further. The point is that there was no widespread standard in 1987 whether arrow down means screen down or text down. Airbus choose the opposite of what Bill Gates' slaves chose for their windows OS couple of years later.

And what do I wish for? Well - more captains that know they're flying the electric Airbus and don't try to fly it as if it were the beloved B732/MD81/Tu-134 of their youth.