PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REx Management – “OUTthere” or “OUT of there”
Old 19th Nov 2007, 04:17
Guptar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gentlemen, the last few post have been a perfect example of the value of PPRuNe as a formum for discussion, well thought out arguements that not necesarily agree but none the less valid. Well done chaps.

It seems to me that there is one word at the heart of the matter, a word whos omission, is the key factor in the ailment of many a company. That word is RESPECT.
In REX, its obvious;

That management has no respect for the workforce.Pilots or otherwise.

Some pilots dont have respect for other pilots.
Some groups, dont have respect for other grouups.
You give the word RESPECT its due reverence, and treat others as ou would have yourself treated, I think many of the problems would evaoprate almost overnight. Then, working as a TEAM, you can grow the business and make the pie bigger.

I allways use Southwest Airlines in the US as my model, at the core of their values is respect, and it comes down right from the top. Thats why they are the most successful airline in the world. I;m sure Herb Kheller would roll his eyes if he saw what was happening at REX. Now i;m not gettng all new age with warm fuzzys, its just good business.

Of course, pilots at REX should be paid at a rate that is competative in the market place, just the same as any other profession, I would be interested to see how much of an increase would be needed to make them more competative.

Unfortunately as long as the airline is owned by Chinese interests, there is little likely hood of change as they view employees as numbers, not people. I myself work for a chinese boss.

A boss I worked with taught me a valuable lesson when i bacame a supervisor for the first time. He said "You look after your boys, and they will look after you".