PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some advice for the younger ones...
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2007, 23:14
Old 'Un

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Empacher 48, a very sensible post. As one of my instructors once said: "It doesn't matter what you're doing, always have an escape route". I think that pretty much sums up what you posted.

To those with a passion to fly: Go for it. Learn your chosen craft well, and never stop learning. But to reiterate a caution already sounded on this thread: be prepared to 'hit the silk' in your career, and know what you can turn to if it all turns to custard.

I wouldn't have missed my 3 different careers for anything. Sure, there were some lumpy bits in all of them, but sometimes the lumps turn out to be the variety that keep you on your game and out of serious trouble. Treat any negative as a learning experience, and move on, taking the lesson learned into your basket of knowledge.

None of us knows what the future holds in any industry: aviation is no different. There will always be joy and sometimes a little sorrow. But that is no excuse not to try. Unless you give it a go, you'll never fulfil any of your dreams and that is not living a life. Just remember to plan an escape mechanism into your dreams.

"To dream the impossible dream..."

Le Vieux