PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOOP trash mag....and Bob Davy in particular
Old 18th Nov 2007, 22:55
eharding

A little less conversation,
a little more aviation...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep up at the back, Greeners. The serious point here as that IO540 has found a glaring error in the current Jeppview.

As for Bob, I've never heard him mention 'fast jets' as part of his reportoire - he had Hawk time in his youth, and clearly it left an impression, expressed in the article.

Anyway, I'm not his publicity agent - if I was, I would be banging on about how he was a child prodigy as classical ballet dancer - Margot Fonteyn described his performance as lead dancer in the summer 1975 Epping Ballet Academy performance of Swan Lake as 'eye-watering' - Nureyev himself was present for his performance in the Academy's autumn production of Don Quixote that year, with a view to recruiting Bob for the Junior Bolshoi. Sadly, as we all know, that was all brought to a halt by a rogue ingrown toenail. Tragic.

Commercial aviation, and aviation journalism, has gained from his change in career direction, but at a dreadful cost to British classical dance. He doesn't like to talk about it, but it is a fact he has flown every flight test yet published to date wearing his tutu - known affectionately as Desmond.

B.Lecomber, B.Smith, D.Bianchi, B.Grimstead? - all respected pilots and authors....but they couldn't dance for toffee.