PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Altitude PreSelect : Who Sets it?
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2007, 20:37
teamilk&sugar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LUCILLE
I don't know why you felt you had to PM'd me with the following rather abrupt message (part of which I'll remind you of)...why didn't you just post it on this thread....?

By way of explanation, I know what most airlines do and also what the Boeing & Airbus manuals state.
They have recommended a method for a reason.
What I need to know is WHY?
So if you have some spare time and wish to redeem yourself, I would be grateful if you could search the web for me. Go check the NASA and FSF sites, maybe you can find it where I failed.
Cheers.......
First off.....I answered the question you asked at the top of this thread....
I'll remind you of your original post:
I am seeking a research based reference source which recommends who does what and when to the altitude preselect knob.
Now call me thick, but that question does not ask "WHY?" It asks who does what and when. The answer to that, as I stated in my reply, is stated in the relevant Flight Crew Training Manual and Company manual(s) by way of SOP.

Now, if you feel you have been offended by my first answer and have subsequently decided that you now want to change your question, so be it, but don't accuse me of being unprofessional and ask me to search the web for you....

If your question is seeking an answer as to WHY PF does something and PM does something else, then I'll pass on the discussion as quite frankly it's not important to me. It obviously is to you, but I just fly the way my Company SOP tells me to.

If you want to change the question again, please just post it here, and don't bother Pm'ing me.
Ta