PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of doing ME/IR in Spain, any advice?
Old 18th Nov 2007, 20:09
bobster1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, dont believe the spin re training in Spain, I am at Aerodynamics at the moment doing IR.
I started in UK and got so pi55ed of with the school I was at, only doing an hour a day in the sim, and instructor changing his mind about certain things to suit, and a stropy attitude.
I can honestly say the organization and training so far has been 1st class.
I completed around 12 hours IR in UK, which I could not transfer so have had to start a fresh, and the 1st 12 hours here have been spot on, better in fact than the UK training I received, I am fortunate I suppose as I can compare the two from 1st hand experience and not from the woffle some people come up with on here.
Of course UK schools are going to bad mouth the place, my ME/IR is costing me 5900 pounds (not a typo + sorry no pound sign on spanish keyboard) and that includes landing fees, A/C for flight test and Authority fees for test!!
Of course I can only comment on the school I am at and not the other Spanish schools, but Aerodynamics Malaga spot on so far, still got a flight test to get through though.
Will keep you posted if anything changes, but I cant see it.