PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New buy, PC or MAC?
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2007, 18:56
tallsandwich
PersonalTitle to help support PPRuNe against legal bullying.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If that's the spec (just needed for internet music and photos) a PC is better for a wider choice of both in applications and hardware provider. If poor choice of applications and hardware is an acceptable loss for this guy in order to get a gain in predicatability, then a Mac is better.

If the Mac users showed more balance in their enthusiam for Apple, then people like me would not feel the need to cut holes in their biased arguments of Mac being best, and the thread would not degenerate into PC vs Mac. Windows users are typically more mature in this type of debate as they are much more ready to accept Windows has faults. This is actually important when making a computer choice, as if you were buying a car and one salesman told you the good things about 2 cars and another told you all the bad things about the same 2 cars, then you would trust the latter, right?

Alpha Male - I never said Apple improved anything they licensed from Sun, I just noted that they took superior technolology (ZFS) from elsewhere in the same way as do M/S in order to try and put some level argument into this thread - but as there are not enough Mac bashers out there, this type of fact that shows Apple as being as bad as M/S goes largely unnoticed and unknown. If people can bash (no shell pun intended) M/S for this action then I can bash Apple for it too. Let me know via PM what Apple got from Sun and then "improved"....