PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many are leaving CX ?
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2007, 17:15
Westcoastcapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning everyone,

I always find it quite amusing how so many can get so wound up by trivial anonymous posts. Can't anyone think for themselves? Moreover, many go off the deep end and start slagging their colleagues when they only have a small portion of the story. And it's usually the incorrect part. Gentlemen, please grow up.

No employer, no matter what the profession, can force you to do something that is illegal and not be held accountable. Of course, any rules are open for interpretation, so if you feel it is questionable ask them if it is a legal request. Remember everything is recorded. If they insist it is, record the time and date and the individual for further reference. The nonsense of misplacing tapes and other idiocies makes for good reading, but has no place in a court of law.

Sadly, many people overly value themselves. True, there is a shortage of pilots but no employer wants to offer a position to someone who they cannot count on to make reasonable decisions. If you think stranding 300 pax somewhere, while one makes a point, is professional, may I suggest that you are in the wrong line of work. Moreover, if you went sick on a regular basis, at the most inopportune time, I'd fire you too. Who wants to hire someone that is not reliable.

The reality is that CX is now hogtied by the very contracts that they imposed on us in the past. It is having an impact and they know it. Just do your job, thats all. And if people do choose to leave, CX will have no choice but to make some significant change.

Please let's move on.

Cheers.