PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New buy, PC or MAC?
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2007, 16:27
tallsandwich
PersonalTitle to help support PPRuNe against legal bullying.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little knowledge is not enough....

Before conclusions are drawn, remember that command interface "bash" means Born Again SHell which is an extension of the Bourne Shell (sh) and maybe the Korn SHell (ksh) depending on how you look at it.

All these shells come from older versions of Unix from many platforms, Apple just stole the ideas from someone else by including a well known command line interface, so please stop this rubbish about M/S taking other people's ideas. Funny how none of the Mac heads know that Leopard took technology from Sun (with permission), as they are so blinded by their own righteousness that they can't imagine that Apple does EXACTLY the same thing as M/S.

I'm happy to let people choose their own OS, but just as I can't stand born again christians who act in a superior way once blinded by their faith - I also cannot abide born again Mac users who are so blinded by their Macs that they think Apple invented all the good things they find in OSX.

Go buy your Macs if you like, but get off the holier-than-thou soap-box-bandwaggon. You think it's so great you can pop into a virtual windows environment but from everything I have seen (trying to work with Mac heads) these virtual windows environments are pretty limited in their abilities; fine if you only need to run one windows app once in a while but otherwise quite pants.

I've worked on over 21 operating systems - each had its plus points, so anyone who trys to tell me that one is better than the other (the Mac or Linux is better than Windoze argument is as cr*p as the Airbus Boeing one) is just inexperienced.

Why are so Many Macs in the Movies we see, cos Apple pays for product placement just like Silicon Graphics paid to get their boxes in the Jurassic Park movie. Also most people seem to think Macs look good (not me) so that explains the "image" created for certain Mac using characters in films.

Please spread the word on Mac if you are happy, but don't do it by saying PCs always crash and Macs don't, or that M/S is evil and just steal ideas but Apple does not etc. Those are just shallow one sided urban myths

I'd love Win* to be better, but boy, the choice it gives me is HUGE

edited for spelling