PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job vacancy at Lancs Police ASU?
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2007, 16:25
A.Agincourt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is the same old story isn't it? Time and time again and the solution is always the same, never changing. If the financial terms of the job are not liveable then leave and find an alternative but it seems that people assume that they have rights beyond reality.

The bottom line is simply, there are specific employment groups and each offers a type of flying, lifestyle and income. What you need to do is ask yourself what is important to you and make your decision. The holy grail is to get the job you really want and to have the remuneration as well but hey, life is just not like that and there is always a compromise.

I have spent over 30 years living my life the way I dictate and for the later half I have managed to achieve a half decent pay packet. Now I resort to determining what I want. Money or lifestyle and so far the two do not meet. Not for me anyway.

I choose lifestyle [actually you should read job characteristics] and though the pay is not bad at all it could be better compared to............what????? But I shall never be wealthy and that was ordained many years ago. I choose the pleasure of doing the job, the lifestyle, the good and the bad and do not whinge about pensions, pay or any other associated bol*****. The most important thing in my life is flight and every thing else is secondary. [I mean everything]

Fighting for something better is the natural way of things, it is human nature but at some point you just know that the reality is very different

Best Wishes

Ace