PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (The Department of Labour says) Kulula says Blacks are Non-swimmers
Old 18th Nov 2007, 15:20
oompilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18left, the statement was intended to draw a comparison in the generalization of races, I never said swimming or jumping must be a requirement to fly in my previous post, although anyone with more than 18 brain cells would agree that swimming should be. This statement was a generalization about black people as was the white men can’t jump statement. To make it easy for you, the point I was trying to make was, why is it fine to generalize when it is positive or against white people but unacceptable when said against black people.
Anyway get real, now we must teach these people to swim and give them a job. How good a swimmer would this person actually be who began his swimming carrier at lets say 20 years of age.
As for the swimming couch you have, so be it, you also get 1 in a hundred white men that can run. Look at the line up at the Olympics next time, every now and then you see a pale male in the 100m.
Who knows maybe you have just found a candidate for Kulula, tell him to apply.