PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and BALPA already agreed on EU 757 Pilots
Old 18th Nov 2007, 10:58
FlyingTom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re official BALPA view:

There is a scope agreement that is designed to provide job security for BA pilots out of London, no 100+ seat planes will fly those routes. That was pre Open Skies. BALPA want to renegotiate this agreement post Open Skies as there is now a bigger ball park and BA flights out of other European cities will affect jobs out of London by reducing feed and premium passengers. To reach the current scope agreement there was give and take on both sides, it has been changed many times over the years to reflect changing conditions, it is called schedule K. BA are being evasive re BALPA's request. As a result both parties are at standing conference which is the last step before a ballot for industrial action.

There are parallels elsewhere, Qantas/Jetstar, Iberia/Clickair, JAL/JALways, Britannia/ThomsonFly. In all but the last wages are reducing, time to command increasing and agreements stretching.

There is no amnosity towards anyone applying to Lauren, I just hope you affiliate to a union like BALPA/ECA otherwise your conditions will go down with time. Remember Balpa is the British Airline Pilots Association, Lauren will have a British AOC.

The BA boss in charge of Lauren is an experienced cost cutter, his previous job was sacking all but a few overseas ground staff. He has not been chosen for his track record in developing new business opportunities. Lots of people question the business viability of Lauren and I suspect ulterior motives.

"Editted as I could't spell Qantas"

Last edited by FlyingTom; 11th Jan 2008 at 09:39.