PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (The Department of Labour says) Kulula says Blacks are Non-swimmers
Old 18th Nov 2007, 10:25
18left

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUOTE OOMPILOT "
As usual, probably a statement taken out of context but anyway.
Why is it ok to say white men can’t jump, if the majority can’t they can’t. Never heard an outcry about that. The majority of black people inherently are bad swimmers. Look at the make up of swimmers at the next Olympics event. Why must we then hide from blatant truths?"

You never heard an outcry about whitemen cant jump beacause,no one has complained about not getting a job because he cant "jump",so this are two seperate things.

I also think we have to differentiate between black people cant swim,and black people cant learn to swim.

I dont see how been an olympic class swimmer can be the requirement for working in an airline,my local swimming instructor is as black as shoe polish,and my kids have learnt to swim quite well in his competent hands!

I definetly agree the white race excels more in competitive swimming just like the blacks in 100M, but i strongly believe that if the object is just to learn how to swim,any race is quite capable!