PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sorry. Just another 'military chief with grave concerns' thread. (Merged)
Old 18th Nov 2007, 07:13
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry. Just another 'military chief with grave concerns' thread. (Merged)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7100298.stm

I'm not sure that although its good the info is getting out, this is the best way to do it. Governments can easily weather drip fed news like this. What they wouldn't be able to do, is stand resignations. The next time a military chief speaks out, it will get 15 minutes and thats it, and then they will say '.. but we did speak out, in fact every day towards the end.'. They have only bought it on themselves.

However, in light of Lord West's performance last week on the extended custody debate/row, it seems men of steel aren't that heavy on the ground when someone threatens to take the ministerial car away. I thought Brown told us that he parachuted men like him in to give gravitas and depth to the g'ment. All he does though, is lambast them when they have the temerity to speak out of turn.

God, what a state of affairs.

Analysis of the West U-Turns last week (BBC)

West sails into the sunset (BBC)

"Being a simple sailor not a politician maybe I didn't choose my words well. Maybe my choice of words wasn't very clever." Puhhlease.