PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nice one 1435 flt !
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2007, 01:08
euringineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Are An Engineer

I completed a traditional 5 year apprenticeship and graduated as an engineer trained for life.On the path to retirement i obviously passed many type ratings and manufacturers courses.I joined my professional society and also had my quals noted at the Engineering Council.I know i am an Engineer and i have never been in any doubt as to what i am or what i can call myself.It is those who call themselves what they are not.Americans have always been confused,they call for a mechanic when he is actually an engineer.We say A&C,THEY SAY A&P,we say tomato they say etc.Unless you have the Theory quals backed up by the practical experience and are legally qualified by licence be careful how you address yourself.The confusion really reigns when designers are included.Designers design a machine with no thought on how to maintain it.We Engineers spend our time devising maintenance procedures for their designs.Hope you all understand now and will in future respect those who maintain and sign their life away for your safety.