PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No gyro approach
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2007, 01:07
LeakyLucy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No gyro approach

Call me naive but I was under the impression that when a request is made for a no-gyro approach, the controller would see your heading change straight away on his radar screen when telling you to turn left, right stop turn etc - but today the controller complained that I was failing ( well my student was ) to make rate one turns and I guess ended up heading in the wrong pre-caluclated direction. I had failed the DG on the student and requested a practice no gyro approach - so I guess you ATCO fellas are timing it all on your little watches. Rate one turns except on final when half rate one turns can be expected so the regs say - so no more than half rate one turns when tracking the inbound course once established ? What's that all about ? Another Q I have for ATC, is do you ever consider that when practice approaches are being requested and there is little traffic, do you ever condsider economy - that the student is stumping up $800 an hour for the aircraft and every time you extend the manouvering without good reason ? Not attacking you guys, but just interested.

Last edited by LeakyLucy; 18th Nov 2007 at 02:17.