PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHAT A SHAME
Thread: WHAT A SHAME
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2002, 03:41
NOODY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Copping out.......mmmmm

Mr Sauzy, i would never work for an orginisation i thought was a joke! who's copping out here?

Didn't get tired of the army mate, got offered the chance to fly! I'm not the one blaming the raf for my lack of promotion/oppurtunities. I quite understood and accepted that i would never make wg co without doing staff crap and being nice to blunties. Can't argue with that. However I can look back to my time in the RAF with a huge degree of pride and satisfaction. I got to achieve my childhood dreams. Having spent 8 years having a ball i decided i'd rather earn twice as much doing half the work. If thats your idea of copping out then guess your right!

My decision to leave was nothing to do with the 'system' or my promotion prospects. The Mrs wanted a better standard of life and as i already had the leather jacket and watch i left. Yeah knowing that the raf had it's fair share of tossers who would end my career overnight made the decision easier. However i worked with considerably more talented and exceptional people on my 2 squadrons, air and groundcrew, than i've met anywhere else since.

You would both do well to read and absorb superstackers post.

Achieve or leave.

[ 23 February 2002: Message edited by: spoilt tom ]

[ 23 February 2002: Message edited by: spoilt tom ]

[ 24 February 2002: Message edited by: spoilt tom ]</p>