PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea King too old and putting Lives at risk.
Old 17th Nov 2007, 23:42
3D CAM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Crab.
I am not in the position to invite you anywhere. Contact the MCA. Thanks for the invite to visit Chivenor, but the next few months are going to be a bit frantic with the changeover to CHC etc. We did drop in a couple of years ago on the way back from Swansea, maybe you were off shift.
RCS. Yes I know about the 30 mile thing but that will just start another bun fight. We do not have RCS at the flight, nor do we have a direct line to Kinloss!!! If, and it is if, ARCCK task us, it still comes through from the MRSC. Yes, someone is telling porkies, but, rest assured, it aint me!!!!
There may indeed be contract penalties, I'm afraid I am not party to that info. but even so, we always tell the MCA if we are unserviceable. Those penalties apply to the contractor, not us personally so why should we disguise anything? I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree about this issue.
I'm afraid you are wrong about CHC running things in the Channel. Lee and Portland are still Bristow run. Lee change over at the beginning of January, Portland in April. The 61 will be around down here until the arrival of the AW139????
SARCO got there before me.
In fact, Portland is still an MRSC. As far as I know anyway.