PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand new Etihad A340-600 damaged in Toulouse; several wounded
Old 17th Nov 2007, 20:33
forget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind direction? Just where, precisely, is the anemometer in this walled-off pad?

Engine runs aren’t (weren’t) my thing but I’ve spent enough time on airfields to have an opinion on this whole sorry cock up.

If someone suggested to me that I could carry on working with my ‘wires’ while they moved the aircraft into a walled of run-up pad for high power engine runs, I’d consider it.

When they told me that, due to a shortage of tugs/tow-bars they were taxiing nose in, I’d reconsider it.

When I saw that the aircraft was then pointing at a sloping concrete wall - with a six feet high three inch thick steel guillotine on the top, I’d get out and watch from a safe distance.

What the hell happened to common sense?

Whoever sanctioned/supervised/approved this operation needs introducing to the rag man’s trumpet. Pathetic - Incompetent - Negligent.

PS.
During new aircraft acceptance, lease transfer etc, any variance on the engine parameters could carry a financial penalty.
So this one's saved a few bob then!

Last edited by forget; 17th Nov 2007 at 21:05.