PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2007, 16:56
Safety_Helmut
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All

There has been some discussion on here about the adequacy of the MoD safety and airworthiness regulatory regime. I have my own opinions having worked within it, and these are clear from my previous posts. However, I am aware that a report was written 2 or 3 years ago which looked at setting up a MAA, Military Airworthiness/Aviation Authority. I know who wrote the report, but I don't want to put his name on here. He had worked within AD Eng Pol at Wyton so was well aware of some of the issues. I cant remember who he wrote the report for, was it DASC, the DESB/DASB ? I'm not sure. Is anyone aware of the report ? People I know were astonished that it recommended against forming a MAA. I am wondering if the findings of the report actually supported the conclusions, or whether the conclusions were predetermined by the desire to remain the status quo for various departments and people. The head of ADRP at the time would certainly have resisted it, but then I am not sure he would have been able to spell the word change.

S_H