PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex Rex Pilots; Would you have stayed if....
Old 17th Nov 2007, 16:07
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why do you think you should be paid extra to extend duty when you are employed full time and would realy owe the company aprox 40 hours a week in return?
do you honestly think that they weren't getting their 40 hrs per week out of me, on average?
What do you think would happen to an office worker if they aswked them to extend for three or four hours after their rostered finish, to do some paperwork? do you think that THEY would be HARANGUED into staying back for FREE? and more importantly, do you think that the office worker would do it? NO!
Besides, the rest of the country gets a 38 hour week... why should we do 40?
the rest of the country gets OVERTIME if they do more than 7.5 hours in a day, yet we were rostered for 11 hour duties, and often broke 11, with NO overtime, so getting 2-3 hours off the 38 was only fair recompense IF we ever got it!
WRT to breakdowns, poor weather, late pax etc... we had NO choice but to extend ad nauseum, and NEVER EVER got thanked, or rewarded properly for it. So for the company to have the cheek o expect me to VOLUNTEER for an extra 3-4 hours work A DAY, for NO money is a little bit rich for me.

I did enjoy working there, and it WAS a good place to work - initially. The screws have been tightened TOO far. Time to repay some of that good work that has put REX in a good position.